A Chasing Zebras Scavenger Hunt:
In honor my first book Chasing Zebras: The Unofficial Guide to House, M.D. and its recent launch, I’ve decided to have a contest (with real prizes) to thank you all for buying (and hopefully enjoying) the book. The contest requires you to have a copy of Chasing Zebras otherwise, the questions are mostly quite difficult to answer.
I realize that there was a delay from some booksellers (including Amazon) to fill many orders, but by now your book should have arrived (or shall shortly). Because of the delay (and not to leave anyone out), I’ve reserved one prize to be awarded randomly from among all entries to the contest. (So take your best stab if you don’t have a copy of the book handy.)
First prize is a Blu-ray set of of the Season six DVDs; in addition, there are several runnerup prizes. Winners will be announced at the Chasing Zebras Launch Party Sunday, September 19 (and you are all invited!). Details are here.
There are 10 questions. Email your responses to me at email@example.com by noon Sunday, September 19 (Central US time). Good luck–and don’t forget to RSVP to the Launch party if you’re coming (firstname.lastname@example.org), or if you can’t be there in person, follow the party on Twitter (@CZ_LaunchParty)
1. What character trait does House share with Rick Blaine from the movie Casablanca?
2. Psychologist Dr. Robert Spector a wonderful expression to describe House in “Diagnosing Dr. House.” What is it?
A mensch disgusted with the idea
3. Whose biography has occasionally sat on House’s piano according to the book?
4. What third season guest star starred in an Oscar-winning film by Cameron Crowe?
5. Which episode is highlighted in Chasing Zebras to explore House “struggling to do the right thing?”
6. Why is the chapter on the character of House called “Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know?”
It is how Lady Caroline Lamb described the poet Lord Byron and by default–all Byronic heros
7. What is the Center for Rare and Undiagnosed Diseases and what is its relation to House?
The new center bears a strong resemblance (on a much higher level) to House’s diagnostics practice
8. About the nature of which relationship does Chasing Zebras ponder whether it’s symbiosis or codependence?
9. There are several episode photographs and formal portraits of the cast and characters throughout the book. One of them is in the chapter on season six? From which episode is the photo?
10. The chapter called “Coincidence vs. Divine Intervention” uses which episodes to discuss this recurrent House theme?
Unfaithful, Here Kitty, Locked In.
Congratulations ShamansStorm2 (Cynde Janis) can you email me your email address @email@example.com?