- I’ve changed the look of my blog to work with my new website, which is being relaunched next week at http://barbarabarnett.com. Things are beginning to gear up for the release of Chasing Zebras: the Unofficial Guide to House, M.D. I’ve seen the interior design of the book, and it is beautiful! I can’t wait to actually see the whole thing–and then, of course, actually hold it in my hands.
- I will try to post every day as the summer goes on. Next week is Book Expo North America (BEA). I won’t be there, but my publisher ECW Press will be, and for the first time Chasing Zebras will be trotted out in public. The book is complete and and edited and at the typesetters except for the updates for the season six finale. On the other hand, so much has changed as a result of the finale, there are little updates all over the place to make the book current to the start of the seventh season!
- The whole team at ECW Press has been a dream to work with on this. It’s my first book, and I’ve heard so many nightmare stories about authors (especially new authors) and their trials and tribulations with their publishers. My agent, likewise, has also been a dream. An author could not have asked for a more pleasant first-time experience than I have had thus far.
- The launch date is still more than 3 months away and we have a long publicity road ahead, with interviews, signings, etc. So it will be a busy, busy summer and fall. Once the site is launched next week, there will be a calendar of radio appearances, and any other upcoming events, including a launch party in September.
- In the meantime, there is still time to bid on an autographed copy of Chasing Zebras (and an hour of online chat about the show with me) at brenda novak’s auction to support diabetes research. It’s an amazing auction and lots of great stuff for writers, readers and everyone else. Here’s the link to the auction itself and to my item
I’ve also been very busy over at Blogcritics the past week or two, with two new interviews:
Several other new pieces, including my review of the season finale