As summer goes on, I’m rewatching some of my favorite House episodes. As I watch, I will post my take on each episode over at Blogcritics magazine. And add some additional comments here in my personal blogspace.
The basics: House diagnoses a young boy Ian, who has symptoms eerily similar to a case from 12 years ago in which his patient died.
What I loved:
- House in a tuxedo! Hugh Laurie was especially handsome in that gorgeous tux with velvet trim–and the silver handled cane. Lovely. Lisa Edelstein as Cuddy was also gorgeous in that sapphire velvet evening gown.
- Intense House.
- House unable to hide his anxiety and desperation from his team. I don’t think they’ve ever quite seen him so fragile.
- House’s games with Wilson on the phone to keep Cuddy distracted
- House breaking into the coffee bar
- Balcony scene with Wilson and House
- House with Ian at the end
- Best moment: House’s emotional reaction to the confirming test, followed by piano playing.